Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Milestones

My sweet daughter got to spend the day with her Nana G yesterday while I got to go to Barnes and Noble after my morning Bible Study and read my Bible and then just chill out for a few hours. She rode home with Micah and I asked how her day went and what she did. My mom said she asked her if she had Shrek 2, and mom told her no, and she said 'That's okay Nana, you can borrow mine.' Too sweet, but she asked yesterday morning in the car if she could say 'Shut Up' and I told said 'No ma'am, where did you hear that from?' She said 'Shrek said it'. So I told her that we aren't going to be watching those any more and that we shouldn't say things just because other people say them. Then yesterday evening, Haven and I took a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up something while daddy had a breather and some quiet time after work, and she said 'Mommy, can I say darnit' and I said no, knowing that if I asked the question where she heard it from, I would be very sad. Sure enough, she said 'Mommy, you said it'. In my heart, I just felt sad and I apologized to her and asked if she would forgive me, as I shouldn't say that. And then I got to thinking, even though I don't think it's a bad word, when your 3 year old says it, it just sounds so yucky and just a reminder of what we say truly does go in one ear and stays there! So we are working on what we say and how we say it these days. She is getting so grown up and the other day she pooped in the potty at Ms. Katherine's house, which was a HUGE thing for us. So we are working on that and she got in the car that afternoon when I picked her up and the first thing she said was 'Mommy, can I go to school now?' I had told her she couldn't go to school since she went poo poo in her panties/pull up. So, since she went once, she wanted to go right then! I think that she will definitely be a school girl, a little socialite, yet sensitive and cautious at the same time.
So, that is what has been going on lately. We are hoping to go to the U of A campus this weekend to Old Main to take some fall pictures in the leaves and let Haven (and possibly Gage) play and run around. Too fun! I'll try to get some pictures posted soon!
Have a blessed week,
Kara

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could that little one be any cuter? I had so much fun with you guys this weekend! My fingernails still have green paint under them from where I let Haven paint my nails with acrylic paint! Probably not the best idea ever! But who can say no to that little face?! I had fun playing cards and hanging out with Haven's mommy and daddy too! Love you guys! :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Yeah, we had fun too! I dare say it, if you weren't there, it would not have been any fun!!! I noticed that each 'side' of the fam seemed to hang out together (our generation anyway) But it was fun! Last night when she went to bed, she was worried about her plate and hat and she was in bed and said 'Mom, where's my plate??' Too sweet. She is pretty cute--speaking of cute, we have an appt. to get our pictures done at Bedford's in a few weeks--any ideas on what to wear?? I thought it would be fun to coordinate outfits....
I love you and had a blast hanging out with you. Didn't realize though that we went to bed at like 10:00-way too early for people like us.:)
Want to get a date set on the calender to go shopping in Tulsa or OKC???

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home