Friday, September 23, 2005

In the little things...

I had kind of a crazy day yesterday. It was my day off from work, so I cleaned a house for a lady, which I do every other Thursday. I then went to my mom's in Bella Vista to help her get her house and other things in order before she goes to Israel. (plus she was keeping Haven Wednesday night and I had to pick her up)We didn't get home until about 4 in the afternoon and we left around 8:30. Then Micah went to play golf with his dad that evening, so it was me and Haven for awhile, which she always knows how to keep me busy.:) I just wanted to tell the Lord thank you for my crazy day yesterday, that it was so busy, that I wasn't able to dwell on the fact that our second child's would-be birthday was yesterday. I called a dear friend I used to work with at Wal-Mart yesterday since it was her birthday as well and wished her a happy day, but she ended up encouraging me and just making my heart feel better. God is so good to do that! I know if I was at home and not busy, it would have been a lot worse....He knows us and knows our hearts and knows I am a thinker, so I would have been at home thinking a lot about my sweet baby.:) I have another sweet baby who is 3 and I am so thankful for her and for the siblings she will one day be an example to! There was a song I heard last night on the radio called 'In the Waiting' by Greg Long and it just spoke to me, where I am at right now in my life. I have heard it before, but it's one of those songs where, if it doesn't apply to you at that time in your life, I know I just kind of listen just to listen. But this time, this song, just really hit me, especially on the day I heard it, it was so precious to me, as if the Lord was saying to me 'I know Kara, I know your heart and I know it hurts, but know that it's going to be okay, I am still in control, I love you!'

Pain
The gift nobody longs for, still it comes
And somehow leaves us stronger
When it's gone away
Pray
I try and pray for Your will to be done
But I confess it's never fast enough for me
It seems
the hardest part is waiting on You
When what I really want
Is just to see Your hand move
I want a peace beyond my understanding
I want to feel it fall like rain
In the middle of my hurting
I want to feel Your arms as they surround me
And let me know that it's okay
To be here in this place
Resting in the peace that only comes
In the waiting
Time
Time to let it go and just believe
Trusting in what no one else but You can see
Free
Freedom from the fears that close me in
When I can't get beyond where I have been, but then
Again
The silence doesn't mean that I'm alone
As long as I can hear
That I am still Your own

I know this was a lengthy blog, but I just had to share how good our God is! To Him be the Glory, Honor, and Power, FOREVER!
Love
Kara

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Laney said...

Kara,

You're amazing and I want you to know how great of a blessing you have been to my life. I'm praying that God will bless you with another baby soon. You're an amazing mother to Haven, and I admire and respect you so much. You're an amazing women of God. I'm glad that you were blessed even though it was a difficult day. I love you!!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Thank you my dear Steph. You are a wonderful woman of God as well and God has blessed me with YOU as well. Thank you for your sweet words-it made my Monday.:) I am so thankful that the Lord knows what we need when we need it!! I love you! Have a great day!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara, I apologize for not knowing that September 22nd was that particular day. You are amazing...I admire your gentle strength and your determination. God will honor you more (because he already does--but, there will be more). I love you. I'm glad you liked the ice cream.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

You shouldn't have to apologize my dear. I didn't expect anyone to realize it, it was just a bit hard, something to make me stronger in Him and I know that ultimately, I will come out refined through Him!
Love you and see you tomorrow.
Kara

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home