Friday, July 21, 2006

23

So, this number is the number of weeks until baby Laney #5 comes. (three are w/ Jesus) I actually have never thought of it that way, but I am starting to. The fact that there truly was life in me, for no matter how short of time, it was the life the Lord gave me for that short time. Anyway, we find out August 15th what we are having. I am almost 17 weeks, and I am starting to feel good. We are so excited and grateful. The due date is the date we lost our last one, January 8th, but we are going to have a scheduled C-section and are going to do it at the end of December, for tax reasons/deductible.:)
God has taught us a lot through our experiences and through just believing and trusting in Him. My mom has said over and over that she feels like this is the year of restoration for our family. (my parents, Micah and I and Haven, and my brother and his wife) So, we are claiming that for our family and we know that the Lord has awesome things in store for us, starting with this new life that is growing (awesomely I might add) within me. We didn't want to say anything for awhile, but I thought that I would break it to the WWW now.
We started when I first found out (I was about 4 weeks) with shaky feet, and then at 8 weeks, we were able to do an ultrasound and hear the heart beat. All looked and sounded great. We then were able to hear the heart beat once a month and things are going well. The first few months I didn't feel well at all, so we were all encouraged.:) I am starting to feel good again and am enjoying 'showing' some.
I know a few of you know our news, and some don't, but thank you for praying and interceding for our family during the whole process of grief, frustration, and loss, and now to the season of joy, happiness, and life. Thank you for your continued prayers for this pregnancy and this life. We are so thankful for our dear friends and family who lift us up and we love you all!
So, that's the Laney household lately. We have been looking at names and talking some about it--Haven will find out she's a big sister after we find out what we are having in a few weeks. I know she'll be so excited!:)
Thanks again and have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To God be the glory; Great things He has done! Love you, KG

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. It's hard to believe you're almost half-way there!

~martha

1:48 PM  
Blogger TKB said...

Wow- I'm so happy for you guys and gratefull to the Lord for this blessing!!!
-Beth

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Yall are in my prayers. See ya in August
~Tonya

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home